Community Process - Overview
- When a patient is assigned to the care of the Community nursing team, a referral is sent to the Referral Inbox for the patient.
- The Community team review the referral. If they intend to accept the referral, they must add an intervention to the referral. If the referral is rejected, the process ends here.
- If the referral is accepted the intervention is transferred to the Caseload Management screen where it is assigned to a member of the Community nursing team.
- After an intervention is assigned to a member of the Community nursing team, an Episode of Care is started for the patient in question.
- The Episode of Care will contain a record of all care received by the patient from the Community nursing team until the patient is discharged and the Episode of Care is resolved.