Community Process - Overview
- When a patient requires the care of the Community nursing team, a referral is sent to the Referral Inbox for the patient.
- The Community team review the referral. If they intend to accept the referral, they must add an intervention to the referral. If the referral is rejected, the process ends here.
- If the referral is accepted the intervention is transferred to the Caseload Management screen where it is assigned to a member of the Community nursing team.
- After an intervention is assigned to a member of the Community nursing team, an Episode of Care is created for the patient in question.
- All care received by the patient from the Community nursing team will be recorded in this Episode of Care. This will continue until the patient is discharged and the Episode of Care is resolved.