Episode of Care - Overview
An Episode of Care starts after a patient has had an intervention assigned to a member of the Community nursing team.
From the Episode of Care screen you can:
- View the patient's discharged and scheduled interventions.
- Access the Patient Summary Screen, see Patient Summary Screen - Overview.
- Edit an intervention after it is scheduled, see Editing an Intervention.
- Record contact on an intervention, see Recording Contact on an Intervention.
- All members of the Community nursing team must use the Episode of Care screen to record all contact and patient related activity that they carry out in order to discharge an intervention that has been assigned to them. These actions must be recorded as a contact, see Recording Contact on an Intervention.
- The Episode of Care will continue until the patient is discharged from the care of the Community nursing team, see Discharging a Patient & Resolving an Episode of Care.