Discharging a Patient & Resolving an Episode of Care
When a patient no longer requires the care of the Community nursing team, they must be discharged from the Community app and their Episode of Care must be resolved.
To do so:
- Open up the required patient's Episode of Care, see Opening an Episode of Care.
- Select the Discharge Patient button .
- The Resolve Episode of Care screen displays.
- Select an Outcome of Episode of Care.
- Care Complete
- Community Nursing Care Suspended/Transfered
- Discharged to Other professional/Service
- Patient Died
- Incomplete - Declined Further Care
- Enter any additional text if necessary.
- Tick the box confirming that the data entered is correct at the time of referral.
- Select the Submit button.
- The Episode of Care is resolved and the patient is discharged from the Community app.
After a patient is discharged from the Community app, details of their discharge are available in the Patient Summary Screen, see Patient Summary Screen - Overview.