What's New in Registration Links?
DLM 470 (11/06/2014)
- Registration Re-acceptance for Deductions - You can now change the GP and/or TP/HB/CSA when re-accepting Deductions in Registration Links. See Incoming Deduction.
- Quarterly/Interim Archive – You can now choose the destination folder for your Quarterly/Interim Archive. See Quarterly Archive.
- Previous address and previous GP are now mandatory for re-acceptance transactions.
- A Registration Links Amendment message is now automatically generated on a PDS/Vision 3 update.
- A Quarterly Archive will be saved to a network drive (usually P:\archive) if the machine on which it is being run has no floppy disk drive.
- In Database Reconciliation - Download, if you choose to Transfer the "Download" records to floppy disk, you are given the option to download to an alternate location, such as the hard drive, rather than floppy.
- For Northern Ireland users, if you choose to Transfer the "Download" records to floppy disk, you are asked to confirm that the download does NOT include the CHI number. (The CHI number is only required for the initial downloads for the Data Cleansing operation. The downloads go through another procedure first to match up CHI numbers Vs NHS/H&C numbers. Once this has been done, all further downloads should not include the CHI number).
- The option Transfer the "Download" via the Network Link will always be a normal download without the CHI number.
- For all countries, there is no change to the Upload process, or the Transfer the "Download" via the Network Link.
- There is now an option to reject an Incoming Amendment transaction.
- In England and Wales, Registration Links Phase 2 message types in Vision 3 are now FHSREG (and no longer REGIS). These require new GP and GMC Codes. Check in File Maintenance – Staff – [GP] – Identifiers for each GP and under each TP, and enter these immediately after installing Vision 3.
- We advise you to inform your TP (Health Authority) straightaway that you are moving to New Data Standards (NDS) ie FHSREG transmissions. A possible scenario is that you run the old Reg Links transmissions up till 24 hours before installation of Vision 3. Stop for 24 hours, then install new Vision 3, enter or check new GP codes, then resume Registration Links which uses the new codes and the new message type FHSREG.
- You will also need to learn the new GPC3 screens.
Registration Links is now accessed from the Messaging list on Vision 3 front menu.
In England and Wales – Registration Links Phase 2
New Daily Status Summary Screen shows when archive is due (see Access and Daily Status Summary). It also points out any outstanding transactions which must be cleared before archive is run. You are also warned if there are any Medical Records outstanding (to be sent to the TP for deducted patients).
Changes in Archive:
- New Close Quarter Notification transaction notifies practice on Daily Status Summary screen when quarter is closed and archive should be run (see Quarterly Archive)
- Until outstanding transactions are cleared, archive cannot be run (see Clear Outstanding transactions before archive).
- Archive now for each TP and each GP; changes in Capitation Reports (see Running the Archive in England & Wales)
- Interim archive removed
New menu options within Registration Links:
- Security – Quarterly Archive: If the Close Quarter Notification transaction is not received, in exceptional circumstances the quarterly archive for an TP may be run from a new option in Security – Quarterly Archive within Registration Links. Unless an archive is due, this icon will be greyed out. See Quarterly Archive.
- Utilities – Daily Status: Re-display the Daily Status Summary screen seen when first entering Registration Links (see Access and Daily Status Summary).
New Outgoing Transactions:
Transaction Management – Daily Transactions includes the new outgoing:
- Medical Records Flag transactions (see Medical Records Transactions MRF/MRS)
- Deduction Requested Transaction (see Deduction Request Transaction DER)
New Incoming transactions:
- Deduction Request Rejections from the TP (see Deduction Request Rejection DRR)
- FP69 Prior Notification transaction and FP69 Flag Removal transaction – see FP69 Prior Notification FPN
- New Deduction Codes (see Incoming Deduction).
- Three new Reports - Unmatched Deduction Request Rejection report, Unmatched FP69 Flag Removal and Unmatched FP69 Prior Notification Report. See Error File Reports.
In Scotland – Partners (Registration Links Phase 1)
- Introduction of Partners Registration Links to Scotland
- Registration Links Phase 1 message types in Vision 3 are REGIS and do not conform to National Data Standards.
- Download/upload on floppy disk to HB and STAR program validates data
- Some differences between England and Scotland Registration Links – see Partners for Scotland.