The setting up of books and sessions is performed in a separate instance of Vision 3 which has a unique user number, this information is provided by the Vision Project Management team.
Admin staff responsible for managing the new appointments system need to be setup via the Helpdesk, please click here to log a call and quote your Vision user number.
Creating a Remote Desktop Shortcut
To access the Vision 3 instance, you need to set up a Remote Desktop (RDP) short cut.
- On a Windows 10 device, select the Start menu, navigate to Windows Accessories and choose Remote Desktop Connection:
The RDP pop-up displays.
- In the "Computer" field, enter the details of the appointments server you wish to connect to.
For example, if your Vision user number is 12345, you would enter one of the following depending on if you’re in England or Wales:
- England - 12345.inps.gpsoc.nhs.uk
- Wales - 12345.inps.cymru.nhs.uk
For Scotland, the server details are provided by local IT teams.
Select Show Options and update the User name box.
This begins with inpsnhs\ followed by your user number and AEROS log in.
For example, inpsnhs\12345.xxxxxx.
The log in xxxxxx is normally the first letter of your first name followed by the first 5 letters of your surname:
- Select Save As, navigate to the Desktop and in the File name box enter Remote Vision:
- Select Save. The new RDP shortcut displays on your desktop: