Making a Special Booking
You can make special bookings for:
- Non-registered patient appointments.
- Non-patient appointments eg appointment with drug rep.
- In a shared care setting, patients who are registered at an EMIS practice, and a sharing agreement is not in place, are automatically booked as special bookings with all demographic information populated.
Making a special booking:
- Click the Special Bookings button, at the top of the window.
The Special Bookings view displays.
- In the Book a new appointment section, select the Organisation.
- Apply filters using the dropdown boxes if required.
- Select the Find Slots button.
Matching slots display.
The list of available slots is ordered by date and time ascending. If you select another column to sort by, the date and time is applied as a secondary sort.Note - If the number of matching slots exceeds 50, the following message displays: 'There are more than 50 available slots - the first 50 only are listed here'.
- Double-click the slot, or click on the Make booking button to book.
- The Special Booking form displays the appointment details.
- Enter the description in the Booking Description box, eg Drug rep - Sally Walker.
- Record contact details In the Comment box. (Optional)
- Click on OK to finish, or OK & Print - to print a label.
The booking confirmation message displays.
The special booking is now displayed in the Booked appointments section of the Special Bookings view.
The booking displays in the Reception and Clinician List view - indicated by the Special Booking icon.