Viewing a Patient Record
When you have selected a patient, the patient record opens on the Patient Summary screen.
Overview of the Patient Summary Screen
From the Patient Summary screen you can:
- Search the Patient's record. See - Search a Patient Record.
- Access the Options menu
Refresh / Help / Sign out
- Open new Encounter
The following information displays:
- Patient Banner
Date of birth, Gender, NHS/CHI Number and Allergy flag
- Care Reminders
Summary of outstanding QoF items for the patient. See - Care Reminders.
- Last Encounter details
Swiping the screen up displays the remainder of the Patient Summary which includes:
The Patient Summary screen displays the patient's last Encounter.
To see all previous encounters, tap the Encounter heading.
See - Encounters.
- Significant Diagnoses - Problem headers, priority 1 and 2 diagnosis codes.
- Significant Operations - Priority 1 medical history entries in Read chapter 7.
To see all medical history entries, tap the Medical History heading. See - Medical History.
- Active Repeats - All active repeat medication.
- Acutes - Last 2 years of acute medication.
To see all medication entries and access the repeat management functions, tap the Medication heading. See - Medicines Management.
- If the patient has drug or non-drug allergies recorded the allergy alert is also displayed on the patient information banner at the top of the screen.
To access the Allergy view tap the Allergy heading. See - Allergies.
Lifestyle and Examinations
- Last recorded weight, height, alcohol, smoking, exercise, diet and blood pressure entries.
To see all Lifestyle and Examination entries tap the heading. See - Lifestyle and Examinations.
- Last 3 months test results.
If no results are available in this period the message "No test results in the last 3 months" is displayed.
To see all test results entries, tap the Test Results heading. See - Test Results.
- All recorded immunisations.
To see all immunisation entries, tap the Immunisations heading. See - Immunisations.
- Displays the last 3 months correspondence.
To see all correspondence, tap the Correspondence heading. See - Correspondence.
Displays the patient's registered and usual GP, address and telephone number.
- Map - To view a patient's address location and directions, tap the map pin to the right of the patient's address.
- Phone - To telephone a patient tap the telephone symbol to the right of the patient's telephone number.
- Email - To email a patient tap mail button to the right of the patient's email address.
The Clinical Record Browser gives a chronological view of all items in the patient's record.
- Select the Navigation Menu button.
- Select Clinical Record Browser on the menu.
- The patient record displays.
- Swipe the screen to access more information.
The Clinical Record Browser view can also be filtered. See - Filtering the Record.
You can filter the data views in Vision Anywhere to display specific items such as blood pressure and smoking. You can also add date filters onto all of the views.
- From the Patient Summary screen select the area that you want to filter eg Lifestyle and Examinations.
- Select the Options button to access the filters.
- Choose Categories or Date range.
Both filters can be applied.
- All categories or dates are displayed.
Tap on the tick next to "Show All" to clear the current view.
- Tap to select the items you want to view, you may need to swipe the screen to see all options.
- Tap Ok to apply the filter.
- The filtered view displays.
- Date filters can also be applied.
Filters for All Examinations and All Lifestyle can also be applied.
This list tells you what categories are available for the patient record screens.
- Clinical Record Browser
Encounters, Medical History, Medication, Allergies, Lifestyle and Examinations, Test Results, Immunisations, Correspondence, Other
- Medical History
Problems, Diagnoses, Procedures, Family History, Referrals, Requests, Other
Drug allergies, Non-drug allergies
- Lifestyle and Examinations
Blood pressure, Height and Weight, Peak flow, Pulse, Pulse Oximetry, Respiratory Rate – Temperature, Visual Acuity, Alcohol, Smoking, All Examinations, All Lifestyle
Vision Anywhere has the facility to search the patient's record, to quickly return specific information.
Problem linkage displays items that are linked to a condition, to provide a full overview of the management and treatment.
The problems are also displayed as a header in the Medical History view, and any linked items are flagged.
Select Problem flag to view the problem header and the linked items.
If items such as Medication or Test Results are linked to a problem, this is indicated alongside the entry. If selected the problem details are displayed in the same way.
The Navigation menu provides quick easy access to all parts of the patients record.
- Select a patient and tap to open the record.
- Tap the Navigation menu button on the top left of the screen.
This can be accessed from the Patient Summary view or any other view of the patients record.
- Select appropriate heading, swipe the screen up to view more options.
- The view displays.
- To return to the Patient Summary tap the Navigation Menu button and select Patient Summary.
The Medical History tile in the Patient Summary screen shows the patient's Significant Diagnoses populated from problem headings, priority 1 and priority 2 diagnosis codes.
Any operations from Read Chapter 7 with a priority 1 are shown under the Significant Procedure section.
Detailed Medical History View
Selecting the Medical History heading displays all the medical history.
The problem entries are displayed first, to show you significant items.
The Medical History view can also be accessed from the Navigation Menu.
Swipe the screen up to display the demographics.
From the demographic screen you can:
- View registered and preferred GP
- View the patient’s address in google maps
- Email the patient
- Telephone the patient
The demographic details are also displayed in Home screen for the Next Booked Appointment.
The screen shows a list of QOF data that needs to be recorded for the patient. The alerts are displayed by QoF category eg hypertension or smoking.
From the Home screen, select a patient. See - Select and Download Patients.
- The Patient Summary screen displays a count of any outstanding QoF reminders.
- Select the heading to view the reminders.
- The detailed reminder list displays by QoF area.
Select the area you wish to update.
- The following options are displayed depending on the indicator type.
- Select a Clinical Term - Tap a term to record. All terms in the list are QOF compliant. The related data entry form displays for completion.
- Record an Exception for this Register - Choose the relevant exception term. The related data entry form displays for completion.
- Prescribe - The standard prescribe form is displayed for completion.
The count in the Patient Summary view is now reduced by the number of completed items.
Care Reminders can also be accessed via the NavigationMenu - see - Navigation Menu.
Incoming and outgoing correspondence for the last 2 years can be viewed in the Correspondence view.
- Select a patient and access the Patient Summary screen.
- Swipe the screen up to see the Correspondence tile.
This displays any correspondence in the last 3 months.
- Tap the Correspondence heading to access any documents in the last 2 years.
- Correspondence including DocMan attachments display.
Tap an entry to display further information.
- Summary of the letter displays, including any problem linkage.
Tap to view the letter.
- If there is more than one app that can view the letter you will be asked to choose which you want to use, then the letter displays.
See - Problem Linkage for further information on Problems.
The Correspondence view can also be accessed via the Navigation Menu, see - Navigation Menu.
The Patient Summary screen displays the last 3 months test results.
- If no results are available in this period the message "No test results in the last 3 months is displayed".
To see all test results entries, tap Test Results heading.
The Test Results view displays all the patient's test results in the last 2 years. These display in a chronological order, along with any problem linkage.
You can filter the results to a specific time frame. See - Filtering the Record.
The Test Results view can also be accessed from the Navigation Menu.