FAQs - Encounters
Encounters are the equivalent of Consultations in Vision 3. They are used to define and group data added during a patient consultation, for example acute medication, diagnosis and symptoms for a surgery consultation can be contained together within one encounter. This makes it easy to see what was recorded during current and previous patient consultations.
Points to note:
- To add data to the patient record, you must first start an encounter - otherwise the patient record is view only (with the exception of issuing medication).
- When starting an encounter, you need to select the type of encounter you are having with the patient eg Surgery Consultation, Home Visit etc.
- You must remember to close your encounter when you have finished adding data so that it can be synchronised with Vision.
- Encounters that are left open for 30 days and/or are closed but your device has not connected to the internet for 30 days are automatically removed from Vision Anywhere.
- You can see a list of all previous encounters by selecting the Encounters menu in the Patient Summary screen.
- First open a patient record.
- From the Patient Summary screen select New Encounter .
- The Current Encounter screen is displayed. Acute Visit is the default encounter type. To change this simple select the menu and choose the appropriate encounter type.
- You can now add data to the encounter. See Adding Data.
- If you want to come back to an encounter later and not synchronise it with the main patient record just yet, simply navigate away from the Current Encounter screen eg click the back button.
- Depending on your preferences settings, you are prompted that the encounter is still open and has not been added to the patient record, click Continue.
- You encounter is now parked on the Vision Anywhere home screen under the Encounters menu.
- You can now continue to select another patient or exit Vision Anywhere.
You can only edit previous encounters if they have not been closed and synchronised with the patient record. To edit an encounter:
- Go to the Encounters list on the Vision Anywhere home screen.
- Select the required encounter.
- The patient record is opened and the Patient Summary screen is displayed, simply select the encounter in progress to continue adding to the patient record:
- You can now continue to add data to the encounter. Please remember to close the encounter when finished so that it is uploaded to the patient record.
You can only delete previous encounters if they have not been closed and synchronised with the patient record ie if you have opened it from the saved encounter list or you want to delete the current encounter you are working on. To delete an encounter:
- From the current encounter screen select Delete .
- You are prompted that deleting the encounter will also delete everything that has been added to it.
- Select Yes.
- The encounter is now removed from Vision Anywhere.
See also How do I delete entries?
There are currently 2 configurable settings for encounter warning messages from where you can show/hide encounter warning messages:
- From the Vision Anywhere front screen, select the menu next to your name.
- Select Settings.
- Choose Encounter Preferences.
- Use the slider On/Off options to show/hide encounter reminders when:
- Closing an encounter offline - you are prompted that you are offline and the encounter will be saved when a connection is re-established.
- Leaving an encounter - you are prompted with when you leave an encounter that is open that it has not been closed and won't be uploaded to the patient record until it is closed.