FAQs - Using Vision Anywhere in a Shared Care Setting
Most Vision Anywhere functionality is the same whether you are accessing your practice's registered patients or are working as part of a shared care organisation. The following functionality is specific to shared care access:
- Logging in - When you login to Vision Anywhere, you have the option of selecting your local practice or your shared care service. You can subsequently select the relevant shared appointment list.
- Patient Consent - Before manually downloading a patient record and opening a patient record, you are prompted to record patient consent to access the record.
- Patient Selection - When manually searching for a patient, you can see which practice they are registered at. You can also select patients at EMIS practices if they are part of your shared care organisation.
- Acute Printing/Re-printing - In a shared care setting and if using Windows 7, you can print and reprint acute prescriptions.
- Repeat Medication Management - Full repeat medication management is available for Vision registered patients if the Vision version for all practices in the organisation is DLM 485 or above. If one practice if on a lesser version, basic repeat lists are displayed for all patients.
- EMIS Patients - Full repeat medication management, decision support, access to care reminders and correspondence is currently not available when you have an EMIS patient selected.