FAQs - Viewing a Patient Record
That's easy! From the Vision Anywhere home screen, either select your next appointment, choose a patient from the appointments list or search for a specific patient using the patient search box. Once you select a patient, their Patient Summary screen is displayed. From here you can simply browse the patient record or add data.
The Patient Summary screen is the initial screen which displays when you select a patient in Vision Anywhere. See FAQs - Selecting Patients and Appointments Lists. The screen provides you with a snapshot of all the essential clinical information you need to get started in a consultation. The Patient Summary screen is presented in a simple and consistent layout and also allows you to access detailed patient data by selecting the required category heading.
The patient summary screen displays the following information. You can scroll or swipe across the screen to see all the headings.
The screen shows a list of QOF data that needs to be recorded for the patient. Initially QOF category headings are displayed eg Cardiovascular disease primary prevention, hypertension. smoking status. You can click on the category heading to see the specific QOF indicator data that needs recording eg Lifestyle advice required, blood pressure and continue to record the relevant data or dissent as appropriate.
- New Encounter - Select to create a new encounter type and add data for the selected patient.
- Last Encounter - Displays the date, type, data recorded and clinician for the selected patient's last encounter.
- Encounters in progress - Displays open/unsynchronised encounters for the selected patient.
- Encounters> Heading - Select to see all previous encounters/consultations.
- Significant Diagnoses - Priority 1 medical histories.
- Significant Operations - Priority 1 medical histories in Read chapter 7.
- Medical History> Heading - Select to see all medical history entries.
- Active Repeats - All active repeat medication.
- Acutes - Last 2 years of acute medication.
- Medication> Heading - Select to see all medication entries.
- All the patients recorded drug and non-drug allergies. If the patient has allergies recorded is displayed on the patient information bar at the top of the screen.
Lifestyle and Examinations
- Last recorded lifestyle and examination entry displayed in tile format for easy viewing.
- Lifestyle and Examinations> Heading - Select to see all entries in list format.
- Last 3 months of test results.
- Test Results> Heading - Select to see all entries in the last 2 years.
- All recorded immunisations.
- Displays the last 3 months of incoming correspondence filed into the patient's record.
- Correspondence> Heading - Select to view all correspondence entries.
- Displays the patients registered and usual GP, the patient's address and telephone number. From here you can also navigate to a map, email or telephone the patient direct.
Clinical Records Browser
- Accessed by right clicking on any entry on the Patient Summary. Next, from the menu tap the arrow on the Patient Summary to view the Clinical Records Browser which shows all entries on the patient record along with encounters and problem headings in chronological order.
Hidden Menu - Right click anywhere on the Patient Summary screen to access:
- Home - Takes you back to the Vision Anywhere home screen.
- Appointments - Takes you to your detailed appointment list for the next 7 days. You can book a follow-up appointment from here if required.
- Patient Summary Categories - Click on the arrow to all the categories mentioned above plus a Clinical Records Browser which displays all recorded patient data in reverse chronological order.
- Refresh - Updates the patient record with any changes made outside of Vision Anywhere since the patient was selected.
If you have just looked at a patient record without adding any data simply select the Back button to return to the Vision Anywhere home screen.
If you have added data please remember to close your encounter before returning to the home screen.