Selecting and Downloading Patients
The patient search facility allows you to search for all patients registered at your practice (patients who were transferred out prior to your data being transferred to the Vision Data Hub are not available). You must be online to do this.
To search for a patient:
- From the Vision Anywhere front screen tap Search.
- The search patient box is displayed.
Enter the first few letters of the patient surname and tap Search on the keypad
You can search for patients using the following criteria:
- Surname and forename
- Surname and year of birth
- Date of birth
- NHS Number or CHI Number
The Vision Anywhere Home screen automatically displays your next booked appointment and a link to appointments booked for today. Patient records for all today's appointments are automatically downloaded to your device for offline use, when there is an active internet connection.
Your next appointment is displayed with the booked time and a count down. The map button displays where the patient lives.
Tapping the arrow button displays the full Appointments list.
Tap the patient's name to open the Patient Summary view. Use the arrow buttons to view appointments for 7 days either side of today.
Downloading Patients for Offline Use
To save a patient to your device so you can access their record when offline:
- From the Vision Anywhere front screen tap the Search icon.
- The Search Patient box is displayed. Enter the first few letters of the patient surname and tap search on the keypad.
- Matching patients are displayed along with their date of birth, age, gender and NHS number (CHI number for practices in Scotland).
- Tap Select at the bottom of the screen and tap the patient name(s) to download, then tap Download icon.
Alternatively, you can download the patient whilst viewing the Patient Summary by selecting . A tick displays indicating the record is being downloaded.
- The patient is now downloaded to your device and is accessible from the Downloaded Patients menu on the Vision Anywhere Home screen. Remember - Patients listed in the Appointments screen for today's appointments are automatically downloaded to your device when you have an internet connection. You can only manually download patients one at a time.Note - Patients are automatically removed from the device after 3 days.
The Downloaded Patients menu on the Vision Anywhere Home screen tells you how many patients are currently stored on your device. This does not include patients who have booked appointments as these are automatically downloaded.
Open a downloaded patient.
- Tap the Downloaded Patients heading on the Vision Anywhere Home screen.
- A list of downloaded patients display.
- Tap the required patient.
When you sign into Vision Anywhere and have an active internet connection, any patients who have appointments in your chosen book, in the next 7 days, are automatically downloaded.
When viewing the Appointments list, "Downloading patient records" displays until the download is completed.
When offline and the encounter is closed, a warning is displayed - see .
The Home screen also displays a count of open encounters.