Viewing a Record
When you have selected a patient, the patient record opens on the Patient Summary screen. Swipe up to see all of the record.
The patient summary screen has the following functionality:
- Search the Patient's record
- Patient Banner
Date of birth, Gender, NHS Number and Allergy flag
- Open new Encounter
- Care Reminders
Summary of outstanding QoF items for the patient
- Last Encounter details
Overview of the Patient Summary Screen
Swiping the screen displays the remainder of the Patient Summary which includes:
- Significant Diagnoses - Priority 1 and 2 medical history entries.
- Significant Operations - Priority 1 medical history entries in Read chapter 7.
To see all medical history entries, tap the Medical History button in the Tab bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Active Repeats - All active repeat medication.
- Acutes - Last 2 years of acute medication.
To see all medication entries, tap the Medication icon in the Tab bar at the bottom of the screen .
- If the patient has drug or non-drug allergies recorded is also displayed on the patient information bar at the top of the screen.
To access the Allergy view:
iPad users - Tap the Allergies button in the Tab bar at the bottom of the screen.
iPhone users - Tap the More button in the Tab bar at the bottom, then tap the Allergies button from the Navigation menu.
Lifestyle and Examinations
- Last recorded weight, height, alcohol status, smoking status, exercise, diet and blood pressure.
To see all lifestyle and examination entries:
iPad users - Tap the Lifestyle and Examination button in the Tab bar at the bottom of the screen.
iPhone users - Tap the More button in the Tab bar at the bottom, then tap the Lifestyle and Examination button from the Navigation menu.
- Last 3 months test results.
If no results are available in this period the message "No test results in the last 3 months" is displayed.
To see all test results entries, tap the More button in the Tab bar at the bottom, then tap the Test results button from the Navigation menu.
- All recorded immunisations.
To see all immunisation entries, tap the More button in the Tab bar at the bottom of the screen, then tap the Immunisations button from the Navigation menu
- Displays the last 3 months correspondence.
To see all correspondence, tap the More button in the Tab bar at the bottom of the screen, then tap the Correspondence button from the Navigation menu.
Displays the patient's registered and usual GP, address and telephone number.
- Map - To view a patient's address location and directions, tap the map button to the left of the patient's address. To return to Vision Anywhere select .
- Phone - To telephone a patient tap the telephone symbol to the left of the patient's telephone number.
- Email - To email a patient tap mail button to the left of the patient's email address.
Clinical Records Browser
- Accessed by the Browser button on the tab bar.
The Clinical Records Browser shows all entries in the patient record along with encounters and problem headings in chronological order.
To see all previous encounters, tap the Encounter button in the Tab bar at the bottom of the screen.
The Clinical Record Browser gives a chronological view of all items in the patient's record.
- Select the Browser button on the tab bar.
- The patient record displays.
- Swipe the screen to access more information.
The Clinical Record Browser view can also be filtered. See Filtering the Record.
You can filter the data in Vision Anywhere to display specific items such as blood pressure and smoking. You can also add date filters onto all of the views.
- Select the arrow button to access the categories.
- Choose Categories or Date Range. Both filters can be active.
- All categories or dates are displayed.
- Tap on the tick next to Show All to clear the current view.
- Tap to select the items you want to view.
- Tap All entries to apply the filter.Note - The count of All Entries changes as the filters are applied.
- The filtered view displays.
Note - The categories change depending on which part of the record you are currently using.
- Date filters can also be applied.
Filters for All Examinations and All Lifestyle can also be applied.
This list tells you what categories are available for the patient record screens.
- Clinical Record Browser
Encounters, Medical History, Medication, Allergies, Lifestyle and Examinations, Test Results, Immunisations, Correspondence, Other
- Medical History
Problems, Diagnoses, Procedures, Family History, Referrals, Requests, Other
Drug allergies, Non-drug allergies
- Lifestyle and Examinations
Blood pressure, Height and Weight, Peak flow, Pulse, Pulse Oximetry, Respiratory Rate – Temperature, Visual Acuity, Alcohol, Smoking, All Examinations, All Lifestyle
All views can be filtered by date.
Vision Anywhere has the facility to search the patient's record, to quickly return specific information.
Problem orientation allows items to be linked to a condition, to provide a full overview of the management and treatment.
The problems are also displayed as a header in the Medical History view, and any linked items are flagged.
Select Problem flag to view the problem header.
Selecting Entries, or Linked Entries from the problem Header displays the linked items.
If items such as Medication or Test Results are linked to a problem, this is indicated alongside the entry. If selected the problem details are displayed in the same way.
The screen shows a list of QOF data that needs to be recorded for the patient. The alerts are displayed by QoF category eg hypertension or smoking.
From the Home screen, select a patient.
- The Patient Summary screen displays a count of any outstanding QoF reminders.
- Select the arrow to view the reminders.
- The detailed reminder list displays.
Select the arrow for area you wish to update.
- The following options are displayed depending on the indicator type.
- Select a Clinical Term - Select the Add button to record am item. All terms in the list are QOF compliant. The related data entry form is displayed for completion.
- Record an Exception for this Register - Choose the relevant exception term. The related data entry for is displayed for completion.
- Prescribe - The standard prescribe form is displayed for completion.
- The standard data entry screen launches populated with the associated read code.
The count in the Patient Summary view is now reduced by the number of completed items.
Both Incoming and outgoing correspondence for the last 2 years is available to view in the Correspondence view.
- Tap the More button in the Tab bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Correspondence button from the Navigation menu.
- All correspondence displays.
- Tap an item to view more information.
- Tap the letter to display.