To add data to the patient record, you must first start an encounter and select the type of encounter you are having with the patient ie Home Visit. This is the same as starting a new consultation in your clinical system. See - Open an Encounter.
Points to note:
- To add data to the patient record, you must first start an encounter - otherwise the patient record is view only (with the exception of issuing medication).
- When starting an encounter, you need to select the type of encounter you are having with the patient eg Surgery Consultation, Home Visit etc.
- You must remember to close your encounter when you have finished adding data so that it can be synchronised with the patient record.
- Open encounters are saved on workstation/device and cannot be accessed when you login in elsewhere. Please ensure that all required encounters are saved and closed before switching devices or changing workstation.
- Encounters that are left open for 30 days, or encounters that are closed but your device has not connected to the internet for 30 days are automatically removed from Vision Anywhere.
- You can see a list of all previous encounters by selecting the Encounters menu in the Patient Summary screen.
If for any reason, you leave the patient record without having saved the encounter, you are warned that the encounter is still open.
If you select Continue and do not close the encounter, the patient's name is added to Open Encounters on the Vision Anywhere Home screen along with any patients waiting to be uploaded.
From here you can tap the patient's details to reopen their summary and return to your consultation by tapping .
The patient record is reopened enabling you to add, edit or delete data. To save the encounter select the Done button.
To see all previous encounters:
- Tap the Encounter button in the Tab bar at the bottom of the screen.
- The list of all Encounters displays.
- Swipe the screen to see more.
The Encounter list can be filtered by date. See - Viewing a Record.
To add data, you must first start a new encounter. This is like choosing a consultation type in your practice. You can then add required data to the encounter by selecting the relevant data entry category(s). You must save the encounter for the data to writte back to the patient record.
You can leave an encounter open and navigate to other screens, returning to the encounter via but you must remember to save the encounter within 30 days, or it will be deleted.
It is good practice to check for any open encounters before finishing your visits.
Only saved encounters are uploaded.
- Select a patient from your Appointments, Searching for a Patient or Downloaded Patients screen, the patient record opens on the Patient Summary screen.
- Tap add button to add a new encounter.
- The default encounter type is Acute Visit.
To change this select the encounter type from the list:
- Acute visit
- Follow-up/routine visit
- Surgery Consultation
- Telephone call from a patient
- Telephone call to a patient
- Emergency consultation
- Home visit
- Nursing home visit
- Residential home visit
- Third party consultation
To close the Encounter select Done at the top right corner of the screen.
To close an Encounter select Done from the top right corner of the screen.
Open encounters are saved on your device and are not available from any other setting.
You can only delete previous encounters if they have not been closed and synchronised with the patient record, ie if you have opened it from the saved encounter list or you want to delete the current encounter you are working on.
To delete an encounter:
- From the Current Encounter screen select Delete.
- You are prompted that deleting the encounter will also delete everything that has been added to it.
- Select Yes.
- The encounter is now removed from Vision Anywhere.
See - Recording a Consultation.