Patient Preview Overview
The Patient Preview screen is split into the following sections:
The following Patient demographic details display at the top of the Patient Preview screen:
- Surname, Forename and Title
- Main Address details
- Date of Birth
- Age - For children under the age of five, this displays as months (m), weeks (w) and days (d)
- NHS/CHI/H+C number
- Main Communication number (home number)
The expanded view displays:
- Formatted Full Address
- Home Telephone Number
- Mobile Phone Number
- Emergency Number
- Telephone Business Number
- Email Address
- For Transferred Out patients, the Date and Reason the patient was deducted displays.
For deceased patients:
- Providing the date of death is recorded in the patient's record both the date of death and the patient' age at death display.
If the date of death is not recorded, the Transferred Out date displays along with the reason; Death.
The following information displays in Allergies:
- All drug and non-drug allergies
- All drug and non-drug intolerances
The information is grouped so that drug allergies and intolerances are listed above non drug allergies and intolerances.
The following information displays for each allergy and intolerance:
- Severity of the allergy/intolerance
- Certainty of the allergy/intolerance
- Drug name (where appropriate)
If No known allergies has been recorded, this is indicated under Allergies:
If no allergy status has been recorded for the patient, this is indicated under Allergies:
The following information displays in Current Medication in alphabetical order by drug name:
- Acute medication - Recorded in the last 6 months.
- Active repeat masters - Valid repeat masters and those which need reauthorising:
If the patient has no medication, the screen states No current medication:
The following information displays in Significant Medical History, in date order with the most recent record at the top:
- History Priority 1 - The Read description displays
- Active Problems - The Problem description displays
This section does not display if the patient has no History Priority 1 or Problems recorded.
The following information displays in Procedures:
- Any entry recorded with a Read code from Chapter 7 - Operations, Procedures and Sites with the following exceptions:
- Priority 0 and 1 items do not display (priority 1 items display in the Significant Medical History section)
- 7L1% Other miscellaneous operations
- 7M% Subsidiary classification of methods of operation
- 7N% Subsidiary classification of laterality and operation sites
- 7P% Diagnostic imaging, testing and rehabilitation
- 7Q% Drugs
This section does not display if the patient has no Procedures or Operations recorded.
The following information displays in Referrals:
- A summary of Referrals recorded in the last 12 months:
This section does not display if the patient has no referrals recorded within the last 12 months.
The following information displays in Last Consultation:
- When the patient was last seen for a face-to-face consultation with the full details of the consultation, see Consultation Types for details.
If the patient has no face-to-face consultations, No face to face consultation recorded displays.
The following information displays in Outstanding Recalls:
- All Active Recalls for the selected patient which have not been Completed or Cancelled
If the patient has more than five recalls, select More to display the full list. Select Less to return to the original five.
This section does not display if the patient has no Outstanding Recalls.
The following information displays in Lifestyle:
- Smoking - Last entry
- Alcohol - Last entry
- Exercise - Last entry
- Diet - Last entry
If the patient has no relevant data recorded, No Lifestyle information displays:
The following information displays in Examination Findings:
- Height - Last entry
- Weight - Last entry
- BMI - Last entry (provided Weight and Height are recorded)
- Waist Circumference - Last entry
- Pulse - Last entry
- BP - Last entry
- Peak Flow rate - Last entry
- Centile measurement (for children under the age of 15) - Last entry
If the patient has no relevant data recorded, Examination findings, displays:
The following information displays in Tests in the Last 3M:
- All test results in the last 3 months, where the Read code is either:
- Chapter 4 - Laboratory Procedures
- Chapter 5 - Radiology/Physics in Medicine
If the patient has more than five results, select More to display the full list. Select Less to return to the original five.
Results marked as abnormal, display in red.
This section does not display if the patient has no test results recorded within the last 3 months.
The following information displays in Cytology for all female patients between the ages of 16 years and 65 years:
- The latest cytology result and inflammation category recorded
If the patient has no Cytology history the screen states No Cytology Results.