Adding a Blood Pressure
To record blood pressure results:
- From Consultation Manager , select the patient required and start a consultation if required.
- Select Add - Blood Pressure, remember you can use <Alt+A> then <Alt+B> if using the keyboard.
- The Blood Pressure - Add screen displays:
- Complete as follows:
Note - 246K.00 Target systolic blood pressure, 246L .00Target diastolic blood pressure and 246M.00 White coat hypertension are not available for selection.
- Date Measured - Defaults to today's date, update as required.
- Clinician - Defaults to the staff member or GP signed on for the current session, update as required.
- Private - Defaults to unticked, tick if you are recording a private consultation.
- In Practice - Ticked by default, remove tick to record result was recorded out of the practice.
- Read Term for Characteristic- Defaults to 246..00 O/E - blood pressure reading select from the available list as required.
Note - You cannot leave Systolic or Diastolic blank, but the Diastolic can be zero, as sometimes it is not measurable.
- Systolic - Enter the reading
- Diastolic - Enter the reading
- Korotkoff - Enter if required.
- Time - Defaults to the current system time, update as required.
- Laterality - Defaults to None, select from the available list as required.
- Position – Defaults to Sitting, select from the available list as required.
- Cuff - Defaults to Standard, select from the available list as required.
- Notes - Select to add free text if required.
- Recall - Select to add recall dates if required.
- Health Promotion - Select to record Health Promotion intervention, for example leaflets, advice, invitation to a clinic, see Adding Health Promotion Intervention for further details.
- Select OK to save and close.
Other ways to add blood pressure entries include:
- Vision +
- Right click Navigation Pane - Examination Findings - Management Plan
- An existing BP entry
Simply right click on the entry and select Add.