Adding a Weight
To record weight measurements:
- From Consultation Manager , select the patient required and start a consultation if required.
- Select Add - Weight, remember you can use <Alt+A> then <Alt+W> if using the keyboard.
- The Weight - Add screen displays:
- Complete as follows:
- Date of Recording - Defaults to today's date, update as required.
- Clinician - Defaults to the staff member or GP signed on for the current session, update as required.
- Private - Defaults to unticked, tick if you are recording a private consultation.
- In Practice - Ticked by default, remove tick to record result was recorded out of the practice.
- Read Term for Characteristic - Defaults to 22A..00 O/E - weight select from the available list as required.
- Weight - Enter the measurement:
- Metric - In kilograms for example 76
- Imperial - Enter st for stones and lb for pounds, for example 10st 6lb
- Centile - If the patient is under 17 years, there is a Centile prompt for values.
- Notes - Select to add free text if required.
- Recall - Select to add recall dates if required.
- Health Promotion - Select to record Health Promotion intervention, for example leaflets, advice, invitation to a clinic, see Adding Health Promotion Intervention for further details.
- Select OK to save and close.
If the patient has an existing height record it displays in metres and the Body Mass Index (BMI) is calculated and displays for reference purposes.
Other ways to add Weight entries include:
Vision + alert window
- Vision + calculators
- Right click Navigation Pane - Examination Findings - Management Plan
- An existing Weight entry
Simply right click on the entry and select Add.