Appliances include items such as colostomy bags, other stoma aids, bandages, lint, breast shields. These can be difficult to search for by name, though entering a Brand name, for example Unique, is one option. If you know the order number, you can use this.
To select an appliance by order number:
- From Therapy - Add, in Drug Name enter either:
- # followed by the appliance reference number, for example, #1460, or
- #1 using the first one or two characters of the code.
- Press <Enter>, either the product meeting your code or the one closest to your short code displays.
- If the appliance is not the one you require, press <F3> for the Select Drug screen, highlight the appliance required and select OK.
- Select Preparation to see the pack size of this appliance and enter a number in Quantity accordingly.
- Place _ anywhere in your search to return items that have this number sequence from the second and onwards characters from this point.
- Place % before your search to return items that have this number sequence anywhere in their order number.