Adding an Issue by Hand MED3
Important - Issued by Hand MED3 entries can be recorded by any member of staff. However, only GPs can print them.
If you have issued a MED3 by hand for any reason, you should record the details on the patient record.
To add an Issue by Hand MED3:
- From Consultation Manager , select the patient and open a consultation if required.
- Create a new MED3 data entry in the usual way, see Adding a MED3 for details.
- From Type, select Issued by hand.
- Select an appropriate Read Term from the drop-down menu.
- Complete the rest of the form as required.
- Select OK to save and close.
Note - If printed an ISSUED BY HAND watermark is added to the printout, see Appendix. Issued by Hand MED3 statements cannot be duplicated.
Note – To print this topic select Print in the top right corner and follow the on-screen prompts.