What's New in Consultation Manager?
DLM 700 (October 2019)
- View Mail for Patient - From View Mail for Patient there is a new mail category filter, this enables you to select the type of mail you want to see:
- Test Requesting - ICE, Technidata, tQuest and Cyberlab - If a Home Number is not recorded for a patient, the next recorded contact number is selected in the following order:
- Mobile number
- Secondary home number
- Emergency number
Where none of the above are recorded, no number is sent.
- Unit of Measure - A new unit of measure, ug Hb/g replaces ug/Hb/g stool.
Serial Prescribing (previously known as CMS)
The following changes have been made to the Serial Prescribing functionality as part of this release:
Deleting a Serial Prescribing dispensing event - You can now delete a dispensing event. Right click on the event, select Delete and confirm. The selected event is removed, the Last Issue Date and the Dispensing Event Count are updated.
Editing the date of a Serial Prescribing dispensing event - If you have received the incorrect date for a dispensing event, you can now update it. Right click on the event, select Edit and update the date as required. Where appropriate the Last Issue Date is updated.
Repeat Re-order form - Serial Prescribing items are now listed separately on the re-order form under a CMS Items heading.
- Preferred and Serial Prescribing Pharmacy names - Both the preferred pharmacy and the Serial Prescribing Pharmacy, as selected in Consultation Manager - Patient Details - Preferences, now print on the top of the right hand side re-order form.
Unique Prescription Number (UPN) - The UPN of a dispensing event now displays in a separate Message Reference column in Mail Manager.
To search on the UPN, from Mail Manager, select Filter - Message Reference and enter all or part of the UPN required:
- Warning Message - If you attempt to create or print a Serial Prescribing item for a patient that has not registered for Serial Prescribing, the warning message has been updated to eliminate ambiguity:
Vision Front Screen
About Vision - The current Vision Apps configuration version installed on your Vision system now displays in the About Vision screen:
The Health Information Network (THIN) - The THIN extraction has been updated to add SNOMED CT to the extract.
Patient Services Registration Details Letter - www.coop.co.uk/myhealth has been added to the alternative Online Services section of the Registration letter.
SCI Pathology - An issue with filing SCI Pathology results containing invalid namespaces has been addressed.
Vision Front Screen
The Vision front screen has been updated with our new rebranded News from the Hive and News from the blog feeds:
Yellow Card - The occasional issue of missing drug names and medical history has been addressed.
- Docman 10 is a cloud based clinical correspondence solution provided by Advanced. From release DLM 660, Vision is ready to access documents stored in Docman 10. Details regarding your migration to and use of Docman 10 will be released in due course.
- Federated Services - The message received by Mail Manager following a federated encounter, now contains details of the consultation filed to your patient's record. You can view the details, attach actions and print the message in the usual way. See Vision Anywhere for details.
- Text Colour - The issue of some text being difficult to read within the Message tab due to the grey background has been addressed, the background is now white.
- GPES Uplift - Vision Release DLM 660 includes the preparation work for GPES Uplift which is part of the GP Data Implementation Programme. This initiative supports GPs to receive payments for the services they provide or legally mandated data collections. The first Uplifted extract is planned for May 2019.
- GP Appointment Extract - NHS England requires the collection of appointment and utilisation data from all general practices. The GP Appointment Extract enables an overview of planned appointment capacity and how appointments are utilised.
Every Monday evening data is collected to show a forward look of planned appointments capacity within your practice for the next three months. There is an initial one off collection dating back to November 2017.
- Managed Server (AEROS) - The GP Appointment Extract is run and the resulting extract submitted automatically on a weekly basis.
- Local Server - You must add the GP Appointment Extract to your GPC Scheduler, see Setting up your GP Appointment Extract Schedule - England only for details.
See for GP Appointments Data Collection in Support of Winter Pressures further details
- Most of the changes within DLM 650 are background changes preparing for Vision to be fully NHS app compliant, see https://digital.nhs.uk/services/nhs-app for further information.
- Inactive User Login - An issue identified, where an inactive user can log in to Vision, providing the log in screen user drop down box is disabled has been addressed
- Therapy Inactivation/Reauthorisation Reasons - Providing you have your therapy settings configured to select an inactivation/reactivation reason, it is now possible to select more than one reason for both:
- Therapy Inactivation - Up to five reasons, see Therapy Inactivation Reasons for details.
- Therapy Reauthorisation Changes - Up to four reasons as the first reason is always Reauthorisation, see Therapy Reauthorisation Change Reasons for details.
- Scotland only - Reauthorisation of CMS items - Up to three reasons as the first two are always Cancellation and Reauthorisation, see Therapy Reauthorisation Change Reasons for details.
- WGP Portal - This is a new option that enables you to access your test request system from within Consultation Manager. See WGP Portal - Wales only for full details.
- Local Vision Codes - Help updated to latest release, see Vision Local Codes.
- CMS - The following CMS actions now create and send a Cancellation Message:
- Inactivating a CMS master, via both CMS - Inactivate and Inactivate .
- Reauthorising a CMS master with Keep original CMS item? ticked.
- Reauthorising a CMS master without Keep original CMS item? ticked, the cancellation is triggered the first time you issue from the new master.
- Deleting a CMS master.
- CMS - The issue of a reauthorised CMS not printing until the Medication term and Dispensing frequency is re-selected has been addressed.
- Clinical Practice Research Datalink (CPRD) - The CPRD extraction has been updated to be SNOMED CT compliant.
- GP2GP - Vision can now send and receive GP2GP records coded in both Read codes and SMOMED CT.
- eMed3 - The eMed3 extraction has been updated to be SNOMED compliant.
- SNOMED - There are various behind the scenes changes included in this release to facilitate the move over to the SNOMED dictionary, this includes the SNOMED dictionary for October 2017.
- Immunisations - Hepatitis B Junior (Pre-Aug 2017) has been renamed Hepatitis B Junior (Routine) to clarify reason for administration.
- Data validation by sex - To assist in managing the clinical data for transgender patients, validation based on sex has been removed from the following areas:
Female Health Check form
WCCG Referrals - An Accessible Information section has been added to WCCG Referrals. Any data recorded with the following Read codes is automatically updated and sent as part of the referral:
- 13o7. Preferred method of communication: written
13o8. Communication support finding
13Z.. Social/personal history NOS
2DH1. Does use hearing aid
9Nf0. Requires written information in large font
9Nf.. Patient information status
9Ngz. Further patient care statuses
9Nn.. Further interpreter needed
9NU.. Need for interpreter
- Immunisations - The new DTaP/IPV/Hib + Hep B (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Polio, Hib + Hep B) vaccination is now available from the drop down list in the Immunisation SDA. When selected, 6 individual immunisations are added to the patient record:
Hepatitis B Junior
Deleting one of the individual records deletes all those recorded as part of the compound.
- All Test Entities - All test entities, where a value can be recorded, can now accept results containing up to six digits before the decimal point.
- Yellow Card - The following changes have been made as part of this release:
- Medical History recorded- When a Yellow Card entry is created and saved, a history entry with the Read code 9G4..11 Yellow card drug react notif is now posted to the patient record. This ensures the information is transferred as part of the GP2GP process.
- If NO, how bad was the suspected reaction? - By request of the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) the If NO, how bad was the suspected reaction? selections have been removed and can no longer be selected from the Yellow Card screen.
- GP2GP - The units of measure for test results received via GP2GP have been reviewed and updated, this results in a better quality of data when records are received.
- Seminal Analysis SDA - The Seminal Analysis structured data area (SDA) now has a numerical value box allowing for more precise data entry and search capability.
- Examination of Faeces Structured Data Area (SDA) - You can now enter a test result value within the Examination of Faeces SDA. Any value entered is fully searchable.
- Scottish Cervical Call Recall System (SCCRS) - The following changes have been made as part of this release:
SCCRS recall advice has been updated, Routine Recall is now labeled either:
- Routine Recall - 3 years, or
Routine Recall - 5 years
Read code descriptions have been updated:
4K23. Low Grade Dyskaryosis becomes 4K23. Mild Dyskaryosis
4K28. High Grade Dyskaryosis (Moderate) becomes 4K28. Moderate Dyskaryosis
4K24. High Grade Dyskaryosis (Severe) becomes 4K24. Severe Dyskaryosis
4K25. High Grade Dyskaryosis ? Invasive becomes 4K25. Severe Dyskaryosis/Invasive
Read codes have been added:
- 4K2J. Low Grade Dyskaryosis
- 4K2K. High Grade Dyskaryosis (Moderate)
- 4K2L. High Grade Dyskaryosis (Severe)
- 4K2M. High Grade Dyskaryosis ? Invasive
- SNOMED CT - Dual coding details added, see SNOMED CT for details.
- Batch Prescription icon - To address any confusion between options, the Batch Prescription icon has been updated to .
- Drug Levels SDA - The Drug Levels Structured Data Area (SDA) has replaced the Other Drug Level SDA, it incorporates a searchable Value option for result recording. All existing Other Drug Levels entries are converted to the new SDA as part of the DLM 520 install process. Results that have been previously recorded in Notes remain there.
- Immunisation List Default - You can now select to save your setting in Show All on the Immunisation SDA. From Consultation Manager Setup - Data Entry, tick Immunisation List Default - Remember last Show All setting.
- Immunisation SDA - the following changes have been made to the Immunisation SDA:
- Historical immunisations have been removed from the active list
- The following immunisations have been added to the active list:
- Influenza - Seasonal OHP (Stages 1 - 4)
- Hepatitis B Junior (Stages 1 - 4)
- Rotavirus vaccination OHP (Stage 1 and 2)
- Influenza - Seasonal Intran'l Pharm (Single, Stage 1 and 2)
- Meningococcal ACWY Travel (<2y) (Stage 1 and 2)
- Hepatitis A (Vaqta Adult) (Stage B)
- Meningococcal B (Stage B)
- Meningococcal B OHP (Stage B)
- SDA Updates - The following SDA's have had their range of Read codes updated:
- Word Templates - Wherever you are selecting from the list of Word templates in Vision, you are now offered templates with both .doc and .docx extensions.
- Consultation Types - The issue of all Vision Consultation Types being offered has been addressed.
- Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) - Various changes have been made to the handling of Controlled drugs within EPS, see Electronic Prescription Services for full details.
- eReferrals - The single item size limit has been removed, so providing the total size of attachments does not exceed 5Mb individual items over 1Mb in size are now attached and sent.
England and Wales
- Language Spoken and Language Read within GP2GP - The issue of Language Spoken and Language Read not being imported correctly via GP2GP has been addressed.
- Northern Ireland Key Information Summary (NI KIS) - Your Vision system is now ready for the NI KIS facility to be switched on once training has been received, this will be organised by your Health Board once they are ready. See Key Information Summary (KIS) for full details.
Units of Measure - The following units of measure have been added to the available list:
- Ratio (with the capital R) has been added to the available Units of Measure list.
- bp - Base Pair
- CU - Chemiluminescence units
- Kb - Kilobase
- SG units
- Serum pro-brain natriuretic peptide level - The maximum Serum pro-brain natriuretic peptide level has been removed.
- CHADS2 Score - The CHADS2 Score has been removed from the alerts pane within Consultation Manager as it is now included in Vision +, see Vision + Help - Calculator Tab.
- Meningitis C - The Infant dose of Meningitis C vaccine that was scheduled for three months has been withdrawn, this immunisation has therefore been removed from the current list but is still available on the All list within the Immunisations SDA to enable accurate historical data recording.
- Yellow Card - Electronic Yellow Card reporting is now integrated in Vision and allows you to:
- Create a populated Yellow Card report directly from the current Drug Allergy and Intolerance - Add screen and when inactivating a repeat master where the reason is Allergy/intolerance. See Creating a Yellow Card Report.
- Send a completed Yellow Card report to the MHRA web service (England and Wales only see Pre-requisites). You can also preview and print the report.
- View existing Yellow Card reports created in Vision. See Editing an Existing Yellow Card Report.
- View automatically created Daybook tasks for saved unsent Yellow Card reports. See Daybook Tasks for Unsent Yellow Card Reports.
When the report is created, it is automatically populated with the information on the Allergy and Intolerance form along with specific patient and practice information where available.
- Graphnet CCG Portal - If supported in your area, Graphnet is now available from the pick list in the Links tab, see Graphnet CCG Portal.
- Patient demographic ribbon - To enable you to quickly see the DCR consent status of a patient, the blue patient demographic ribbon has been updated to display:
- Patient can see this record if all the following conditions are met:
Control Panel - DCR enabled for practice.
Registration - DCR enabled within the selected patients Registrations Online Services tab.
Consultation Manager - The selected patient record contains Read codes 91B..00 Patient registration data verified and 9344000 Electronic record notes summary verified (in that order).
DCR Review App - Any category enabled.
- Patient May see this record is displayed - If any one of the above conditions are met.
- No message - If the DCR option in Control Panel - File Maintenance - Online is not selected.
- New Consultation Type - A new consultation type of Extended Hours is now available from the Type of Consultation list.
- Donor Details SDA - Read code 13V1.00 Not willing to be a donor is now available from the Donor Details SDA, to enable you to record a patients dissent. This Read code is also now available from Registration - Preferences - Donor details.
- New Units of Measure - the following units of measure have been added in this release:
- log10 IU/mL
- Drug to Drug Interactions - To ensure major drug to drug interactions are not missed or their affects trivialised, the drug to drug interaction descriptions throughout Vision have been updated to:
- Severe from High
- Major from Medium
- Minor from Low
- Medication Review - The display issue has been addressed and medication reviews now display correctly on the patient record.
- Drug Check Contraindications - A Not Recommended category has been added.
- Reauthorise Repeat as Repeatable - The Reauthorise Repeat as Repeatable icon has been updated to . This prevents confusion with the Reauthorise Repeat icon.
- Immunisation Contraindication SDA - Read codes 8I2E.00 Pneumococcal vaccination contraindicated and 8I2F.00 Influenza vaccination contraindicated have been added to the Immunisation Contraindication structured data area (SDA). Any allergies previously recorded with these Read codes are updated to immunisation contraindications automatically on installation of this update.
- Allergies & Adverse Reactions SDA - Read codes in the 8I23% hierarchy have been removed from the Allergies & Adverse Reactions SDA. Any allergies previously recorded with these Read codes are updated to immunisation contraindications automatically on installation of this update.