Archiving messages maximises the performance of Mail Manager and enables you to locate and process messages quickly.
Some messages are archived automatically:
England only - Messages relating to the following are automatically archived providing the message has been successfully acknowledged (ie Sent or Complete):
- PDS Updates
- GP Summary
Any rejected message in error remains in the Incoming/Outgoing folder for your attention
Some message types have very specific archiving rules:
- GP2GP, see Archiving GP2GP Messages for details.
- ETP Rejected Messages (England only), see Archiving Rejected ETP Messages for details.
- AMS (Scotland only), see Archiving AMS Messages for details.
- SCCRS (Scotland only), see Archiving SCCRS Messages for details.
- Other message types with specific archiving rules, see Archiving Other Specific Messages for details.
You should be running an archive at least once a week, daily is even better, see How To Archive for details.