Marking Messages as Read
Unread messages display in bold and lose their bold formatting once marked as read. A tick in the box under the Read column also indicates a message has been read.
There are several ways to mark an incoming message or messages as having been read, either:
- Automatically, see Message Tab for details, or
- Manually, see Manually Mark Incoming Messages as Read for details, or
- As part of an Action, see Adding an Action to a Message for details.
A message cannot be marked as Read unless:
- The whole message has been viewed. If a message has more than one tab then, you must view each tab.
- In the case of a pathology result, it has been assigned to a patient.
- It has a Read status of unread.
If you have marked a message as Read in error, right click on the message and select Mark as Unread
Once a message has been read and any actions completed, the message is no longer Active (see "Toolbar icons" for a definition of "active"). To view it, you need to ensure you have All on the toolbar, and not Active .