Registering a Patient for GP2GP - Wales
Before registering a new patient, search for them on Vision 3 using their date of birth to ensure they have not been registered with your practice in the past. A GP2GP record transfer does not occur for re-registering patients as it would result in duplicated records.
Locate the patient from the Welsh Demographic Service (WDS), either via:
- the NHS Number,
New Patient via WDS NHS number search
- or, by an Advanced Search using surname, date of birth and gender.
New Patient via WDS Advanced Search
Providing the following criteria is met, a GP2GP Request message is automatically sent to the previous practice:
- You use Vision 3 via the Wales AEROS managed service.
- The patient is transferring from another Welsh practice.
- The patient has not been registered with you in the past, ie a re-registration.
- The WDS lookup is completed.
- The Data Transfer Service (DTS) is functional. This is the method by which messages are transferred - If the service is down, a message displays.
- Both your and the patient's previous practice is GP2GP enabled - If this criteria is not met, a message displays.