- Day View - a day-by-day view of all booked and available appointment slots.
- Calendar View - a week view of available slots only.
- Dashboard - a snapshot of appointment activity across your entire practice for the current day.
- Patient Details - patient appointment record displaying demographics, appointment details and recall information for the selected patient.
When you open the Appointments app the Day View is initially displayed. From here you can use your mouse and keyboard or touch screen gestures to move around the screen. You can move around by:
- Scrolling up and down the Day View to see today's appointments in a time line.
- Selecting the yellow spark line to the right of the screen to go straight to a free slot at a specific time of the day.
- Selecting the arrows either side of the Date to move forward or back a day at a time.
- Right clicking on the arrow to the side of the date to move forward to a date within the next 5 days.
- Click on the date in the Day View to open a calendar to choose a specific date to navigate to.
- Select the Calendar or Dashboard View buttons.
- Just start typing the patients name anywhere on the screen to select a patient and open the Patient View.
- See also quick start screens.
From Day View
- Day View to Calendar View - Select
- Day View to Dashboard - Select
Back To Day View
- Calendar View to today on the Day View - If you are in the current week, press today’s date to return to Day view.
- Dashboard to Day View - Simply select .
Yes, the Appointments app works with Windows 8.1 which means you can operate the app via either a keyboard and mouse or using the following basic touch screen gestures:
- Press and hold does the same thing as right-clicking. Touch the screen where you want to right-click, hold until a complete circle appears, and then lift your finger.
- Flick your finger to scroll up and down or left and right. For example, an upward flick moves a page down, and a downward flick moves a page up.
- Other touch screen gestures can be found here.
To navigate back to the Day View when you are within the current week on Calendar View, select today's date at the top of the screen. e.g.
If you have navigated further forward in the Calendar View:
- Select the Hamburger button which opens a toolbar at the top left of the screen.
- Select Today , then the date button which takes you back to the Day View.
To see a high level overview of everything that is happening at your practice on a day-to-day basis you can access the Dashboard. Select the Dashboard View button from the top right corner of the Day View. It shows you:
- Clinicians and Clinics (defaulting to whatever date you are on in Day View)
- Breakdown of slots into Seen, DNA, Waiting, In Consultation, Arrived and free appointments
- Names of patients waiting and in consultation with a specific clinician or clinic
We have designed the new Appointments app with user experience as the number 1 priority. We do understand that the transition from the old appointments module may take some getting used to. Please see the task comparison document which addresses common queries for moving to the new Appointments app.