Booking an Appointment
To book an appointment:
- From the Reception View select a free slot, you can use Find a Free Slot to do this.
- The booking form displays and the appointment slot displays as Locked for other users:
- In Patient name, enter the patient's surname and/or date of birth and select Search .
- Surname, Forename
- Surname Date of Birth (full or partial)
- Date of Birth Full
- Surname, forename Date of Birth (full or partial)
- DDMMYY for example, 9th December 1980 would be 091280
- DDMMYYYY for example, 9th December 1980 would be 09121980
- DDMMMYYYY for example, 9th December 1980 would be 09DEC1980
- YYYY (1980)
- MMYYYY (091980)
- MMMYYYY (DEC1980)
- The Patient Search Results screen displays, filter the results if necessary and select the patient you require:
- The booking form displays:
- Complete as required:
- Slot Type - Change the slot type if necessary
- History - A summary of the selected patient's appointment history displays, select to view the detail if required:
See Preferences - Patient Data for set up details.
- Patient Note - View and update if required, seePatient Notes
- Booking Method - Select if required
- Duration - Update if required
- Appointment comments - Add any comments for this appointment
- Select either Book and Print or Book as appropriate.
The full date of birth can be typed as:
The partial date of birth can be entered as:
A message displays confirming the booking.
Booking Appointments (1.31)