Making a Special Booking
A Special Booking, is an appointment for someone who is not one of your patients. This could be a patient who has not registered, for example an Immediately Necessary patient or an adhoc Medical, or it can be used for administration appointments, for example, a drug rep.
To make a Special Booking:
- From the Reception View select a free slot, you can use Find a Free Slot to do this. The appointment slot locks to other users.
- The booking form displays, tick Special Booking:
- Complete as required:
- Special Booking Title - Enter the patient's name/appointment purpose
- Special booking contact details - Enter contact details as appropriate
- Appointment comment - Enter details as required
- Duration - Update if required
- Change the slot type
- Select either Book and Print or Book as appropriate.
- A message displays confirming the booking.
In the appointments list a blue star displays to the right of the name to indicate this is a special booking.
Making a Special Booking Appointment (0:38)