Searching for a Patient
You can search for a patient using the following options:
- Surname, Forename (note the comma between Surname and Forename)
- Surname Date of Birth (full or partial)
- Date of Birth (Full)
- Surname, forename date of birth (full or partial)
The full date of birth can be typed as:
- DDMMYY for example, 9th December 1980 would be 091280Note - Only valid for patients born within the last 100 years
- DDMMYYYY for example, 9th December 1980 would be 09121980
- DDMMMYYYY for example, 9th December 1980 would be 09DEC1980
The partial date of birth can be typed as:
- YYYY for example,1980
- MMYYYY for example, 091980
- MMMYYYY for example, DEC1980
Sorting Patient Search Results
If you receive a high number of results, you can use the available sorting options to group the results and navigate them with greater ease.
To do so:
- Select the required sorting option, e.g Age .
- The search results sort accordingly.