How do I ...?
Should your patient wish to upgrade their basic online account (Appointments only) to a full online services account:
- From the patients registration record select their Online Services tab.
- Record two acceptable forms of identification.
- Select Upgrade OSU Account and simply follow the on screen prompts.
You can reprint an online services Registration Letter should your patient mislay their original:
- From Registration, select the patient you require.
- Select Online Services.
- Now, select Reprint Account Details.
To unlock a patient's online account manually:
- From Registration, select the patient required.
- Select Registration Details - Online Services and select Active to unlock the patient's online account:
- Now, select OK to save and close.
Where do my patients get help?
Your patients can look up and, if required, print any topic relating to their use of Patient Services from the Help link on Patient Services.
Your patients can look up and, if required, print any topic relating to their use of My Health Online from the Help link on My Health Online.
Common Patient Questions
Your patients can register their children and/or dependants in the same way as they are registered.
Simply create an online account for the dependant using the email address of the parent/carer.
Online Patient Services - Additional Resources
Royal College General Practitioners Online Training - http://elearning.rcgp.org.uk/patientonline
- Identity verification
- Proxy Access
- Protecting Patients and Practices
- Patient Information
- Online Services Records Access Patient Information Leaflet – http://www.nhs.uk/aboutNHSChoices/aboutnhschoices/find-and-choose-services/Documents/26.08.15patientleaflet.pdf
- NHS Choices - NHS general practitioners (GPs) services - http://www.nhs.uk/nhsengland/aboutnhsservices/doctors/pages/gp-online-services.aspx (we recommend practices consider creating a link from practice web page).
- BMA support/guidance