Enabling Online Prescriptions
To enable online prescriptions:
- From Vision - Management Tools select Control Panel – File Maintenance - Online .
The Vision Online Services screen displays.
- Repeat to enable your patients to order repeat medications online.
- Acute to enable your patients to request acute (one off) medications.
Now select Configure to customise how online prescriptions works for your practice.
You need to configure how your patients see prescriptions within your patient online services website. You should consider the following:
From Control Panel - Online:
The prescription message displays within the My Prescription section of your patient online services website.
From Control Panel - Online Services - Prescriptions Configuration, enter your prescription message in the Prescriptions Message section of the General tab using either:
- The formatting editor provided, see Using the Message Editor.
- Or, HTML formatting tags, see Formatting HTML Messages.
You can set a time frame for the patient repeat request history displayed:
- From Control Panel - Online Services - Prescriptions Configuration - General - History Use the arrows to select a from between 1 - 12 month(s).
You can allow your patients to contact you via their prescription request:
- From Control Panel - Online Services - Prescriptions Configuration - General - Patient Message tick Allow patients to submit a free-text message with their requests.
And from Consultation Manager :
The Old Repeat Offset determines what repeat prescriptions can be ordered online.
To change the Old Repeat Offset:
- From Consultation Manager , select Consultation - Options - Setup and select the Therapy tab.
- Add a time span into the Old Repeat Offset box, for example, if you select an offset date of ‘4m’, patients can only order repeat prescriptions which have been issued within the last 4 months. Repeats not issued within this time are displayed on the Unavailable list.
- Select OK to save and close.
Once you have finished configuring each option, select OK to save and close.