To create an Announcement:
- From within Tasks, select Announcements.
- Select New announcement .
- The New Announcement screen displays:
- Complete as required:
From (optional) - If you are creating this announcement on behalf of a group of staff you are a member of, select Edit and select the appropriate group.
Recipient(s) - Select the recipient of this announcement, this can be one or more individual members of staff, or a staff group, simply start typing and a smart list displays to select from.Note - You can select ALL USERS to send a task to every member of staff.
Announcement title - Enter the short description of the announcement that appears in the Announcement list of the recipient(s), up to 30 characters.
Description - Enter a full description for the announcement, up to 1000 characters.
Attach patient - If appropriate, select Attach patient to select a patient:
The Search for patients screen displays, type the patient name (either in full or part), press return or select Search. A list of matching patients displays. Select the patient required. Select More Patient Info for further demographic information:
- Due Date/Time - Defaults to today's date. If required, select a date that this task should be completed by, either selecting the Calendar and then a date or enter an offset time frame using the usual d=days, w=weeks, m=months or y=years short hand, for example, 2d = 2 days.
- Urgent - Tick if this announcement should be marked as urgent.
- Create another - Tick to automatically start another new task when you select Send.
Select Send to save and send the announcement.
- An 'Announcement created successfully' message briefly displays at the bottom of your screen.
View the following video to see an Announcement being created.
Creating and Managing Announcements (1.00)