Viewing a Record
When you select a patient the Patient Summary screen displays.
Swipe up to see all of the record.
The patient summary screen includes the following options:
- Search the Patient's record
- Open new Encounter
- Care Reminders
Summary of outstanding QoF items for the patient
Overview of the Patient Summary Screen
Swipe the screen to display the Patient Summary which includes:
- Date of birth
- NHS/CHI Number
- Allergy flag
- Details of the last completed encounter
- Significant Diagnoses - Priority 1 and 2 medical history entries.
- Significant Operations - Priority 1 medical history entries in Read chapter 7.
To see all medical history entries, tap the Medical History button in the Tab bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Active Repeats - All active repeat medication.
- Acutes - Last 2 years of acute medication.
To see all medication entries, tap the Medication button in the Tab bar at the bottom of the screen .
- All drug and non-drug allergies.
- An alert also displays in the patient banner.
To access the Allergy view:
iPad users - Tap the Allergies button in the Tab bar at the bottom of the screen.
iPhone users - Tap the More button in the Tab bar at the bottom, then tap the Allergies button from the Navigation menu.
Lifestyle and Examinations
- Last recorded weight, height, alcohol status, smoking status, exercise, diet and blood pressure.
To see all lifestyle and examination entries:
iPad users - Tap the Lifestyle and Examination button in the Tab bar at the bottom of the screen.
iPhone users - Tap the More button in the Tab bar, then tap the Lifestyle and Examination button from the Navigation menu.
- Last 3 months test results.
- If no results are available in this period, the message "No test results in the last 3 months" displays.
To see all test results entries, tap the More button in the Tab bar, then tap the Test results button from the Navigation menu.
- All recorded immunisations.
To see all immunisation entries, tap the More button in the Tab bar, then tap the Immunisations button from the Navigation menu
- Last 3 months correspondence.
To see all correspondence, tap More in the Tab bar, then tap Correspondence from the Navigation menu.
Displays the patient's registered and preferred GP, address and telephone number.
- Map - To view a patient's address location and directions, tap the Map button to the left of the patient's address.
To return to Vision Anywhere select .
- Phone - To telephone a patient tap the Telephone button to the left of the patient's number.
- Email - To email a patient tap Mail button to the left of the email address.
Clinical Records Browser
- Select the Browser button on the Tab bar.
The Clinical Records Browser shows all entries in the patient record along with encounters and problem headings in chronological order.
To see all previous encounters, tap the Encounters button in the Tab bar at the bottom of the screen.
The Clinical Record Browser gives a chronological view of all items in the patient's record.
- Select the Browser button on the tab bar.
- The patient record displays.
- Swipe the screen to access more information.
The Clinical Record Browser view can also be filtered, see Filtering the Record for further details.
You can filter the data in the views to display specific items, for example blood pressure and smoking. You can also add date filters onto all of the views.
- Select the Arrow > button to access the categories.
- Choose Categories or Date Range.
Both filters can be active.
All categories or dates display.
- Tap on the tick next to Show All to clear the current view.
- Tap to select the items you want to view.
- Tap All entries to apply the filter.
The filtered view displays.Note - The categories change depending on which part of the record you are currently using.
The count of All Entries changes as the filters are applied.
- A second filter can also be applied.
If the categories filter is active, the dates filter can be applied, or vice versa.
In Lifestyle and Examinations view filters for All Examinations and All Lifestyle can also be applied.
This list tells you what categories are available for the patient record screens.
- Clinical Record Browser
Encounters, Medical History, Medication, Allergies, Lifestyle and Examinations, Test Results, Immunisations, Correspondence, Other
- Medical History
Problems, Diagnoses, Procedures, Family History, Referrals, Requests, Other
Drug allergies, Non-drug allergies
- Lifestyle and Examinations
Blood pressure, Height and Weight, Peak flow, Pulse, Pulse Oximetry, Respiratory Rate – Temperature, Visual Acuity, Alcohol, Smoking, All Examinations, All Lifestyle
All views can be filtered by date.
Vision Anywhere has the facility to search the patient's record, to quickly return specific information.
- From the Patient Summary or Encounter screen select the magnifying glass to activate the search box.
- Enter the term you want to find in the Search Bar.Note - You can search on drug names, free text and clinical terms.
- Select "Record Entries containing XXXXX".
The results display.
Free text results are also included.
Problem orientation allows items to be linked to a condition, to provide a full overview of the management and treatment.
The problems also display as a header in the Medical History view, and linked items flagged.
Select Problem flag to view the problem header.
Selecting Entries or Linked Entries from the problem Header, displays the linked items.
If items such as Medication or Test Results are linked to a problem, a flag displays alongside the entry.
The screen shows a list of outstanding QOF items for the selected patient.
The alerts display by QoF category, eg hypertension or smoking.
From the Home screen, select a patient.
- The Patient Summary screen displays a count of any outstanding QoF reminders.
- Select the arrow > to view the reminders.
The detailed reminder list displays by area.
- Select the item you wish to update.
The following options display depending on the indicator type.
- Select a Clinical Term - Select the Add button to record an item.
- Record an Exception for this Register - Choose the relevant exception term.
- Complete the form.
The count in the Patient Summary view reduces by the number of completed items.
Incoming and outgoing correspondence for the last 2 years is available to view in the Correspondence view.
- Tap More in the Tab bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Correspondence from the Navigation menu and all correspondence available displays.
- Tap an item to view more information.
- Tap the letter to display.