Viewing a Patient Record
When you select a patient, the record opens on the Patient Summary screen.
Overview of the Patient Summary Screen
From the Patient Summary screen you can:
- Search the Patient's record. See - Search a Patient Record.
- Access the Options menu:
Refresh / Help / Sign out
- Open new Encounter
The following information displays:
- Patient Banner - Date of birth, Gender, NHS/CHI Number and Allergy flag.
- Last Encounter details
Swipe the screen up to display the remainder of the Patient Summary which includes:
The Patient Summary screen displays the patient's last Encounter.
To see all previous encounters, tap the Encounter >heading.
- Significant Diagnoses - Problem headers, priority 1 and 2 diagnosis codes.
- Significant Operations - Priority 1 medical history entries in Read chapter 7.
To see all medical history entries, tap the Medical History > heading.
The problem entries display first, to show you significant items.
The Medical History view can also be accessed from the Navigation menu. See - Navigation Menu.
- Active Repeats - All active repeat medication.
- Acutes - Last 2 years of acute medication.
To see all medication entries and access the repeat management functions, tap the Medications > heading.
- If the patient has drug or non-drug allergies recorded the allergy alert displays on the Patient Banner at the top of the screen.
To access the allergy view tap the Allergy > heading.
- Last recorded weight, height, alcohol, smoking, exercise, diet and blood pressure entries.
To see all entries tap the Lifestyle and Examinations > heading.
- Last 3 months test results.
If no results are available in this period the message "No test results in the last 3 months" displays.
To see all test results entries, tap the Test Results > heading.
The Test Results view displays all the patient's test results in the last 2 years. These display in a chronological order, along with any problem linkage.
You can filter the results to a specific time frame. See - Filtering the Record.
The Test Results view can also be accessed from the Navigation Menu.
- All recorded immunisations.
To see all immunisation entries, tap the Immunisations > heading.
- Displays the last 3 months correspondence.
To see all correspondence, tap the Correspondence > heading.
Displays the patient's registered and preferred GP, address and telephone number.
- Map - To view a patient's address location and directions, tap the map pin to the right of the patient's address.
- Phone - To telephone a patient tap the telephone symbol to the right of the patient's phone number.
- Email - To email a patient tap mail button to the right of the patient's email address.
The demographic details also display in Home screen for the Next Booked Appointment.
The Clinical Record Browser gives a chronological view of all items in the patient's record.
- Select the Navigation Menu button.
- Select Clinical Record Browser on the menu.
The patient record displays.
- Swipe the screen to access more information.
The Clinical Record Browser view can also be filtered.
You can filter the data views in Vision Anywhere to display specific items such as blood pressure and smoking. You can also add date filters onto all of the views.
- From the Patient Summary screen select the area that you want to filter, for example, Lifestyle and Examinations.
- Select the Options button to access the filters.
- Choose Categories or Date range.
Both filters can be applied separately.
All categories or dates display.
- Tap on the tick next to "Show All" to clear the current view.
- Tap to select the items you want to view, you may need to swipe the screen to see all options.Note - The count of All Entries changes as the selection applies.
- Tap Ok to apply the filter.
The filtered view displays.
- If required an additional filter can also be applied.
The Lifestyle and Examinations categories includes filters for All Examinations and All Lifestyle.
This list tells you what categories are available for the patient record screens.
- Clinical Record Browser
Encounters, Medical History, Medication, Allergies, Lifestyle and Examinations, Test Results, Immunisations, Correspondence, Other
- Medical History
Problems, Diagnoses, Procedures, Family History, Referrals, Requests, Other
Drug allergies, Non-drug allergies
- Lifestyle and Examinations
Blood pressure, Height and Weight, Peak flow, Pulse, Pulse Oximetry, Respiratory Rate – Temperature, Visual Acuity, Alcohol, Smoking, All Examinations, All Lifestyle
Vision Anywhere has the facility to search the patient's record, to quickly return specific information.
- From the Patient Summary or Encounter screen tap the magnifying glass to activate the search box.
- Enter the term you want to find in the Search Box.Note - You can search on drug names, free text and clinical terms.
- Press Search on the keypad.
The results display, these can be a mix of coded and free text entries.
- Use the back arrow to return to the previous screen.
Problem linkage displays items that are linked to a condition, to provide a full overview of the management and treatment.
The problems also display as a header in the Medical History view, and any linked items flagged.
Select Problem flag to view the problem header and the linked items.
If items such as Medication or Test Results are linked to a problem, this is indicated alongside the entry. If selected the problem details display in the same way.
The Navigation menu provides quick easy access to all parts of the patient's record.
- Select a patient and tap to open the record.
- Tap the Navigation menu button on the top left of the screen.
This can be accessed from the Patient Summary view or any other view of the patient's record.
- Select appropriate heading, swipe the screen up to view all options.
The view displays.
- To return to the Patient Summary tap the Navigation Menu button and select Patient Summary.
The screen shows a list of QOF data that needs to be recorded for the patient. The alerts display by QoF category, for example hypertension or smoking.
From the Home screen, select a patient. See - Selecting and Downloading Patients.
The Patient Summary screen displays a count of any outstanding QoF reminders.
- Select the Care Reminders > heading.
The detailed reminder list displays by QoF area.
- Select the area you wish to update.
- The following options are displayed depending on the indicator type.
- Tap the option you wish to update.
The standard data entry screen launches for completion.
- Add any notes and tap Save.
The count in the Patient Summary view reduces by the number of completed items.
Care Reminders can also be accessed via the Navigation Menu. See - Navigation Menu.
Incoming and outgoing correspondence for the last 2 years can be viewed in the Correspondence view.
- Select a patient to access the Patient Summary screen.
- Swipe the screen up to see the Correspondence tile.
Correspondence in the last 3 months displays.
- Tap the Correspondence > heading to access a list of documents in the last 2 years.
- Tap an entry to display further information.
Summary of the letter displays, including any problem linkage.
- Tap to view the letter.
If there is more than one app that can view the letter you will be asked to choose which you want to use, then the letter displays.
See - Problem Linkage for further information on Problems.
The Correspondence view can also be accessed via the Navigation Menu, see - Navigation Menu.