Encounters are used to define and group data added during a consultation, for example, acute medication, diagnosis and symptoms are contained together within one encounter.
This makes it easy to see what was recorded during current and previous patient consultations.
Points to note:
- To add data to a patient record, you must first start an encounter, otherwise the patient record is view only (with the exception of medication management).
- When starting an encounter, you need to select the type of encounter you are having, for example, Surgery Consultation Note.
- You must remember to close your encounter so that it can be synchronised with the patient record.
- Encounters that are left open for 90 days, or encounters that are closed but you have not logged into the app while the device is connected to the internet for 90 days, are automatically deleted from Vision Anywhere.
Open encounters are wiped from your device if you forget your password.
- Open encounters are stored locally on your device and cannot be accessed when you login in elsewhere.
- You can see a list of all previous encounters by selecting Encounters in the Patient Summary screen.
The Patient Summary screen displays the last encounter:
To see previous encounters, select Encounter > and a list of Encounters displays.
You can filter the Encounter view by date.
To add data to a patient record, you must first start an Encounter.
Encounters must be saved for the data to write back to the patient record.
An Encounter can be left open while you navigate to other screens, but you must remember to close the encounter within 90 days, or it is deleted.
It is good practice to check for any open encounters before finishing your visits.
To open an Encounter:
- Select a patient from your Appointments Today, Patient Search or Downloaded Patients screens and the patient record opens on the Patient Summary screen.
- Select Add New Encounter .
Select the encounter type from the list available, the default is Acute Visit.
- Other options are:
- Emergency consultation
- Follow-up/routine visit
- Surgery Consultation
- Telephone call from a patient
- Telephone call to a patient
- Emergency consultation
- Home visit
- Nursing home visit
- Residential home visit
- Third party consultation
The data recorded in the Encounter is then be sent back to the patient's clinical system.
To close an Encounter select Save.
The data recorded in the Encounter is sent back to the patient's clinical system, as long as you are connected to the internet.
If you want to come back to an encounter later:
- Navigate away from the Current Encounter screen, select Menu and then either Home or Appointments.
- Depending on your preferences settings, you may be prompted that the encounter is open and has not been added to the patient record, select Continue.
- Your encounter displays on the Vision Anywhere Home screen under Encounters in progress.
- You can now continue to select another patient or exit Vision Anywhere.
Unsynchronised encounters are encounters that are closed but have failed to writeback to the patient record. These display in an Encounters Waiting to Upload area on the Vision AnywhereHome screen. These, normally, resolve automatically when you launch the Vision Anywhere whilst connected to the internet.
If you see encounters in Encounters waiting to upload that are not automatically uploading, please call the Vision helpdesk to resolve this for you.
- If you do not close an encounter it does not upload to the clinical system and is automatically deleted after 90 days.
- Open encounters save on your device and are not available from any other setting.
- Any data you add whilst offline is sent back to the patients clinical system when you are next online and login to Vision Anywhere.
- Only closed encounters upload.
- Any open or closed encounter are deleted from your device if you forget your password.