Select a Patient
Patient Select allows you to search using various criteria including surname, date of birth and unique patient number (NHS, CHI etc.).
This can be accessed in two ways:
- Open Practice Access - you are prompted to select a patient.
- Use the Select Patient button, in the application bar.
The Patient Select screen provides two search modes:
Quick Patient Search
- Enter all or part of the patient's surname and optionally forename and/or date of birth in the Search Criteria box:
- Click Search.
A list of patients displays.
- Highlight the patient you want to view and click OK.
If using Practice Access in a shared care setting, the list includes the patient's registered practice.
- When a patient is selected, the Prescribing Decision Support Warning displays.
- Select Accept to acknowledge the warning and proceed.
- In a shared care setting, before you can open the patient record, you are prompted to choose a consent reason.
- After choosing the consent reason, click Show Patient Record.
Detailed Patient Search
- Alternatively, to perform a detailed search, click on the expand button to display more search options and enter the required criteria:Note - To search by postcode, a minimum of two characters must be entered in the Postcode box.
- Click Search to perform the search.
- Highlight the patient you want to select and click OK.