If autofiling is switched on from Tools - Options, most messages, though still unread, are filed automatically into the patient's record in, see Switching on Autofiling.
Those not filed automatically must be filed manually.
To manually file a message, either:
- Right click and select:
- File All - Select to file the whole message
- File Abnormal - Select to file abnormal results only
- Consider Filing Complete - See Consider Filing Complete for details
- Edit filed item - Disabled
- Delete filed item - Disabled
- Double click on the message, you are asked: Do you wish to file this message? Yes/No, select Yes.
- Highlight the message and select File - Highlighted.
- Tick the message and select File - Ticked.
To file results from only one tab of a multi-specimen message, right click within a result pane and select File Tab, this files the results on the current tab only.
On the messages list the filed icon displays.
A message will not file if:
- It needs terms assigning, see Assigning a Term for details.
- It needs valid Vision units assigned, see Assigning Valid Units for details.
- It needs to be assigned to a patient, see Assigning a Patient for details.
- It needs to be allocated to a GP, see Allocating a Message for details.
- An action copy is marked as confidential. No-one viewing an action copy can see the right-hand side of the message details, these cannot be filed, see Adding an Action to a Message.
- If it has already been filed.